POLKA JAMMER NETWORK TERMS OF SERVICE
1) We make every effort to provide the best possible signal to our loyal listeners. However, due to the nature of Internet Radio, we cannot guarantee that our signal will be flawless.
THE JAMMER SIGNAL IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS”, and WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. Our signal is subject to disruption by factors out of our control, such as Internet congestion, ISP outages, network stalling, power outages, router outages, and adverse weather conditions such as lightning storms, severe thunderstorms, and ice storms.
2) if you are a bandleader or record company and wish to submit your new CD releases to our IJs, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to send you our complete list of mailing addresses of all the IJs on The Jammer. It is NOT necessary to e-mail individual IJs such requests.
If an effort to help bandleaders and record companies combat the rising cost of mailing out Promo CD’s, we will accept .MP3s and artwork of new releases. Send an e-mail to email@example.com, and our Program Director Todd Zaganiacz will e-mail you a link to upload your material. Todd will forward all new releases to those IJ’s who are able to accept .MP3’s of songs. Please be aware though that a handful of our IJs do not know how to use .MP3s (or computers for that matter), so you will need to mail these IJs a physical CD. Todd will inform you via e-mail which IJs require a physical CD to be mailed.
3) Depending on the schedules of the show hosts as well as conditions on the network, all LIVE shows are subject to cancellation on certain nights. We make every effort to post announcements on our “ news scroll ” and Facebook page, but that is not always possible. If a LIVE show host is unable to do a show for that week, we will attempt to line up a subsitute LIVE show host or air an “emergency” show. Management reserves the right not to post a LIVE show in the archive if there is a disruption in the show host’s feed.
LIVE shows may be subject to cancellation if there are adverse weather and network conditions. (see paragraph #1)
4) If an IJ is unable to submit a pre-recorded show to us on time or is unable to submit a show, we will air music instead.
5) Any changes or pre-empting of our schedule will be announced in the Polka Jammer Newsletter and on our Facebook page. We strongly encourage you to subscribe.
6) We do not tolerate stream ripping. Management reserves the right to ban any user that we find using a stream ripper to steal our programming. You are encouraged to purchase the music we play on our network at any polka distributor, or you can listen to our programs for up to 3 weeks in our archive.
7) We ask that once you are done listening to our feed, please turn off your audio player. (hit the STOP button) Keeping your player hooked into our feeds at all hours of the day and night prevents other users from accessing the limited number of listener slots we have. We reserve the right to terminate the connection of any listener that is connected to us for longer than 40 continuous hours.
8) At no time are listeners allowed to connect to our feeds 24 hours a day/7 days a week. We reserve the right to ban any listener that connects to our feed 24 hours a day/7 days a week through automated means or is continously connected to our feed more than 168 hours in a calendar week. Any retransmission of our feed without the prior consent and approval of our Board of Directors is prohibited.
9) We reserve the right to terminate connections of listeners who connect to our feeds from more than 3 multiple devices on a single IP address. Repeat violators will be banned.
10) All feeds including the archive are for the private non commercial use of our audience. Any rebroadcast or re-transmission without the express written consent of the Polka Jammer Network is prohibited.
11) If you use the chat room, please be respectful of our fellow listeners. Anyone found using the chat room to cause a disruption or make derogatory remarks against our IJ’s, their relatives, other listeners, or the network itself is subject to being banned. All IP addresses are recorded.
12) About once a month, we perform system maintenance on our server. Most maintenance operations are performed on Monday mornings between 1-4am Eastern Time, and it will be necessary to reboot our server once completed. We try to keep these disruptions to a minimum, however it may be necessary to perform an emergency reboot of our server if there is a glitch in the system.
Thank you for your support of the Polka Jammer Network.